June 27, 2013

Do You Know How Much I Love My Therapist?

I love my therapist a whole bunch!
For a year I have been going to therapy almost every Thursday afternoon at Wake Forest.  It is a free service that is provided to caregivers of Alzheimer's patients.
I started going about two years ago.  My first therapist was actually a student at Wake Forest.  However, he graduated and was thrust out into the real world and didn't leave a forwarding address!  :)
After he left me (sniff, sniff) a new therapist came in who wasn't a student.  So.....I started seeing him on a weekly basis.  We had a great deal in common.  One thing that really made a connection for me is that he is a native Floridian and I am a native Floridian.  However, one major thing we DO NOT HAVE IN COMMON - he is a University of Florida alumni and I am a Florida State fan.  We worked through our 'differences' so the whole therapy thing would be productive.  Once he wore khaki pants and a garnet shirt.  I complimented him on his FSU outfit.  Ruined his whole day!  HA!
With therapy coming to an end, I wanted to make something for him.  He knew I was a knitter and it was my own little kind of therapy, so I decided to knit him some dishcloths.....in HIS school colors.  Yes, it was the ultimate sacrifice for me.  It didn't go unnoticed today when I gave them to him.  He asked me how I managed.  I let him know I did throw up a little in my mouth, but I got over it.  He understands.....it's his job to!

No comments: