June 21, 2013

CRASH - Morning Has Broken!

My boyby is in Florida visiting his girlfriend and her family.  He left for a two week visit, waaaaaay back on March 30.  I haven't seen him yet.  Well, if you don't count Skype.  And I don't count Skype!  Boyby and his girl have an etsy business and when they are together they are brainstorming, designing, printing, packaging and shipping.  Plus her Dad has an etsy business and they also work for him.  I miss him like crazy and carry on about my baby being gone and boo hoo hoo until everybody - E-V-E-R-Y-B-O-D-Y - around me is sick of it.  I finally reached a point where I dried up, sucked it up and get on with life.  I realize he'll be home when he's good and ready and if they aren't ready to throw him out on the street, he must be a half way decent houseguest and that's got to make a Mom proud.
 
So....when I got a phone call this morning that woke me up....and it was him.....and he starts the conversation off with something like, "Hey Mom.  Don't worry.  Everything is okay."  Well, it gets this Moms heart jumping.  Then when the next line is, "Could you please scan my insurance card and e-mail it to me?" the heart stops jumping.  It just kind of stops in general. 
 
He needed to see a doctor because he was feeling bad.  He was right, it was no big deal.  Everything was okay.  However, I am almost 600 miles away from him.  Never mind that he is 22.  Never mind that he is a grown man.  He's my BABY!
I wanted to jump in the car and get down their NOW!  I wanted to get on the next airplane!
What was I going to do once I got down there?  Who has time to think things through?!?
I do.  And that's what I did.  I called my sister.  Somehow she can get me out of panic mode and into semi panic mode.  She has three grown boys and a wealth of knowledge.  A prayer request was made that all would be well.
 
My boyby and his girlby last October at Pilot Mountain.
 
And you know what?  It was well.  He got to see a doctor right away.  Prescription was filled.  And he is in good hands.  His girl has got the situation under control.  Sometimes it's not easy to let go and let someone else take our place, but sometimes it's just what's needed.  I think it's all gonna be just fine. 

No comments: